NAME: Tomas G. Petrov
INSTITUTION: Sokolov Co Ltd. St. Petersburg
HOME ADDRESS: 21 Apt. 15, Line 4 Vas. Isl., St. Petersburg 199053, Russia
PHONE/Fax: +7 (812) 323-1840
– 1989, Dr. Geol.-Miner. Sci. in modeling of crystals growth in nature. Geology Dept., St. Petersburg University
– 1962, Ph.D. in crystallography, Geology Dept., St. Petersburg University
– 1954-1957 Postgraduate studies
– 1954, Graduation (Mineralogy), Geology Dept., St. Petersburg University
– 1949, School No. 30, Petersburg
– 2015 Consultant of the Sokolov Co., Ltd, St. Petersburg
– 1990-2014 Chief Researcher, Institute of Earth Science St. Petersburg University
– 1980-1990 Chief Researcher. Head of Crystallogenesis Laboratory, Inst. of the Earth’s Crust, St. Petersburg Univ.
– 1964-1980 Senior Researcher, Inst. of the Earth’s Crust, St. Petersburg Univ.
– 1959-1964 Junior Researcher, Inst. of the Earth’s Crust, St. Petersburg Univ.
– 1957-1959 Assistant, Crystallogenesis Lab., Inst. of the Earth’s Crust, St. Petersburg Univ.
– 1954-1957 Teacher of Young Geologists Club, Leningrad Palace of Pioneers
INTERESTS: RHAT-method, information languages, coordinate systems, alphabets, coding, crystal growth, mineralogy, geo-cosmochemistry, movement of solutions in geothermal fields, Yellowstone, crystal formation as an information process, methodology, semiotics, linguistics, demography, cognitive science, design, separation-mixing processes, self-organization mechanisms , psychology, history
– 2000 -2011 “Crystallogenesis for petrology” Geology Dept., St. Petersburg Univ.
– 2000- 2003 “New methods in petrology” Geology Dept., St. Petersburg Univ.
– 1980-1984 “Intelligent Technologies” Geology Dept., St. Petersburg University
– 1958-1980 “Crystallogenesis”. Geology Dept., Petersburg University
– 1981-1982 Methodological Seminar: etiological analysis
– 1954- 1990 Recovery and management of the Crystallogenesis Laboratory. St. Petersburg University
Participant OF INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
– 17th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (2013, Orlando, Florida, USA)
– 3rd International Multi-Conference on Complexity, Informatics and Cybernetics (2012, Orlando, Florida, USA)
– 16th International Conference “Geochemistry of magmatic rocks” (Moscow, Russia, 2009)
– 3th International symposium “Mineral diversity, research and preservation” (2005, Sofia, Bulgaria)
– A method of studying crystal growth under a microscope
– Establishing a connection between the electrical resistance of mica and its dislocation structure
– Establishing the specificity of the effect of a solvent on structurally different crystal faces
– Etiological analysis as an analysis of networks of cause and effect relationships
– Information language proposed- Method RHAT as “Soft” system of coordinates in regular simplexes
– Method hierarchical periodic ordering of compositions of any nature
– Method of growing malachite and its production method (co-author) 8 Patents
– Methods of growing single crystals 2 Patents
– The concept of Anentropy as the Entropy of Separation
– The concept of entry into the mantle of meteoric waters in closed cavities
– The concept of intensional alphabets is formulated. (co-author)
– The concept of Tolerance as the Entropy of Purification
– Formulated and implemented the idea of a rank formula as a key term in professional language for describing compositions of any nature
– Two-entropy diagram: mixing entropy-entropy of separation
– Two-parameter alphabet (co-author)
– R-Dictionary-catalogue of chemical compositions of minerals. (co-author)
– Software complex Petros (co-author)
English (elem.), Germany (elem.), computer skills.
– 2012 to present member of the International Institute of Informatics and Systemics
– 2012 to present member of D.I. Mendeleev Russian Chemical Society
– 1974 to 2017 member of the Academic Council on Theses
– 1972 to present member of the St. Petersburg Society of Naturalists
– 1972 to 2011 member of the Russian Mineralogical Society
PUBLICATIONS: more than 230 publications (including 4 books, 12 invention certificates), editor of several books.
– 2010 RFBR
– 1998 msgpa
PERSONAL: Born on April 28, 1931, Yelan, Stalingrad Region, Russia. Married, four children.